Friday, September 17, 2010

I have been to the nerd kingdom

Have you seen the group in the corner of the cafeteria with a bunch of guys and gals playing magic, ever ended up at that table? Probably not, or if you have and like playing magic this isn't against you. It's just that I found myself at this table once and I felt very out of place, I've never seen magic played and I don't know nerd/magic lingo. I was taken by surprise, just sitting with my boyfriend kinda falling asleep on his shoulder (my favorite thing ever!) when it all happen. Imagine opening you're eyes from a long blink, trying not to fall asleep, when you realize there are a lot of strangers at your table.

As it turns out these five new comers were friend's with one of my friends. Well my friend sat down with us while I was having one of my prolonged blinks. The next thing I know there are five guys that I don't know sitting around us and my boyfriend is looking at me like wow we're at that table. Most of them had very long hair and shy and no I'm not trying to be mean they seemed nice and I didn't die. Not saying it made me have any urge to play ever, but I lived.

This isn't the nerd kingdom this was just showing that weird things like this have happened to me and don't be shocked about what I'm about to tell you...

Have you ever heard about miniatures? Like little armies of goblins or star wars figures? I'd tell you more about them but I'm not quite sure on the whole thing, they roll dice and some how battle each other. There are battle fields with fake hills, trees, buildings and the like.

Well.... I was a wing girl today for a girlfriend and this guy she is into likes to play this. I was unaware about this when I singed up for wing girl duties. I can't tell you how I end up in these situations, cause my girlfriend is not into these things... I thought I was safe with her. I mean really I ended up in the back room of the most nerdy game store I've ever been in watching (and being watched) by men playing with miniature figurines.

I'd give advice for instances like this but .. your Ginger is baffled.

No comments:

Post a Comment