Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Adrenaline is the worst feeling ever

We've all felt it before, your about to tell your boyfriend/girlfriend you love them for the first time and you get a mini heart attack (true story), strange dog barks at you, cooking in the kitchen and a friend is standing there waiting for you to notice (true story). Or maybe your doing something you maybe shouldn't be doing (hehe NO experience in this...). Your heart starts pumping and your limps get all jello feeling, and your just have to do something!

I consider my self a non risk taker, I hate roller coasters, don't like to fly, not to big on boats, and motorcycles luckily I've made a promise to a friend to never get on one so I'm in the clear. Yet I ride horses a lot sense I was very small. Well Mr. Frodo my horse has some hoof problems so I can't ride him as often as I usually do. I don't know if I've mentioned about how I'm really bad at not being able to tell people no. So this slightly older lady at one of my horse competitions asked me sense I have extra time would I mind working with a horse of hers. And of course I say sure bring her on over!

The first day I had this horse at my house I took her out to give some love; brush her, pick her feet, and put some wound spray on some scratches she had. I only got 3 out of 4 feet picked up, about a half hour to brush and braid her tail cause she was so scared of me it was ridiculous. So I call up her owner.

me: "so how long have you had Destiny?"
owner: "two months, and I've ridden her three times"
me: a mental oh shit moment

Well today I was going to ride Miss. Destiny and I had adrenalin surging through me before i even had her lead rope on!

But to be honest it went really well, she stood still while saddled her up and swung myself up in the saddle. I understand how the owner is worried about her, she does spook at lots of things (like a bad on the ground no joke). If your a horse owner and your horse does kinda make you nervous and all she/he needs is a little time go find someone to mess with them. If your lucky you'll find someone like me who always has a rule of them it can't be as bad as Rudy which is a mustang I trained from start to finish, and believe me there are people out there like me willing to help.

(Destiny) (Frodo)
wear your helmet thought! lol your Ginger :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment