Saturday, October 9, 2010

D'awww

I had an older horse named Moment she was a little Arabian mare 22 years old and just plan gorgeous. Sadly I out grew my baby girl she is also very small, about 900 lbs and almost 14 hands tall. 900 lbs is big but not big for a horse and an average quarter horse is around 1200 lb and usually over 15 hands. A hand is how a horse's hight is measured, a hand is roughly 4 inches, you measure from the top of their withers (front legs) to the ground.

Well sense I grew out of her and she was getting a little older I went in search of her perfect home and I found it! Her new owner is a 10 year old little girl who is obsessed with horses and has never had one before. She is spoiling her rotten and taking better care of her then I was. This little girl is very happy with Moment and wants to ride her in a 4H horse show. I got Moment when I was 9 and rode her in CGA gymkhanas for about 6 years and won about 5 buckles on her and a bit of money, even at state level. She is an awesome horse (I wish I could clone her and make her young and taller and I'd be the happiest person in the world).

So I went over to their house the other day to give her some lessons for the 4H horse show she's going to be in tomorrow. She had a friend over for me to help to and every time the little girl who didn't own her, Moment went into baby sitting mode (well she baby sits the other too) no matter how much this little girl kicked moment barely trotted. The one time Moment went faster with this little girl she got nervous. But when Senadra (owner) rode her moment was full of life and trotting even galloping for her.

I'm just really excited for tomorrow I get to see my baby girl carting around a 10 year old little blond haired blue eye girl with a smile from ear to ear. If they win something that would be great but I think no matter how they do the girl is going to have a great time! And Moment can do all the patterns with her eyes closed so all Senadra has to do is hold on lol. And I'll be there to help. They haven't gotten a horse trailer yet and I'm halling Moment for them to the show and help with little pointers :)

Your Ginger has gone soft.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment